Sunday, January 11, 2015

Upcycled "chandelier" lamp

https://www.facebook.com/SavvyUpcycleTreasure/posts/992601870754029

Here is a lamp I recently finished.  I originally just painted the lamp base black, it was a solid bronze color, and added a lamp shade that I wrapped in pink toile.  It didn't sell for a few months so I brought it home & it sat all summer.
Last week I saw how sad it looked and decided it was finally ready for another makeover! 
First I added a few strands of twine to the neck of the lamp.  I  then found a fun lampshade, ripped off the material and wrapped the exposing metal bars in twine.  I thought I was done but then remembered I had a bunch of crystals I needed to use and went crazy adding them.  I think it turned out beautiful, what do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment